In this tutorial we will show you how to create your own stamps with your Mr Beam. If you are looking for a suitable stamp rubber, we have got an ecological rubber made from gum elastic in our shop.
This is what you need to do:
1. File formats: png, jpg, svg (with filled shape)
2. Please note: if you are using an svg, you need to convert your text into a path.
3. Invert your file, so that the dark areas are going to be "lasered away". The white areas are where the actual stamping is going to happen.
4. Don't forget to mirror your file, otherwise your stamp is going to end up mirror-inverted.
5. Try to place the stamp design in a space-saving way. You will be able to create multiple stamps on your rubber.
6. When lasering choose any material in the material library, click on advanced settings and try using following parameters:
These material settings are only suitable for Mr Beam II dreamcut model.
Line spacing: 0,1
7. Clean your stamp with running water using a bit of dish-washing liquid and e.g. an old toothbrush.
8. Cut out your stamp with scissors and glue it on a wooden block or something similar.
Pictures in this tutorial are courtesy of Kathi Letters