1. What is new about Mr Beam II dreamcut [S]?
Due to improvements in the dreamcut technology the laser head dreamcut [S] is able to provide a better focus point. This enables you to cut through materials more efficiently than with the previous model. The focus point has a diameter of 0,15 mm, compared to the 0,2 mm of the older one.
- Lasercutting with a more precise focus point means a better cutting line can be achieved, which comes out cleaner and thinner.
The new airflow ensures the air gets inducted from the top and blown out through the bottom. This prevents the laserhead from getting dirty for a longer time - the dirt particles get blown through the entire laserhead body to a smaller extent, than with the previous models.
Despite of improvements in laser beam power, Mr Beam II dreamcut [S] uses up the same amount of electricity as the previous model.
2. Buildup - this is what the new laser head looks like from the outside:
- There are now holes on the bottom side of the veneer.
3. What should I pay attention to when cleaning the Mr Beam II dreamcut [S] laser head?
Similar to all the previous models, the laser head should be cleaned regularly. We have put together a dedicated tutorial for this topic, which you can find here.
Do you want to use your dreamcut [S] laser head on your Mr Beam II dreamcut device? Then please read the following points first:
4. How it works: use Mr Beam II dreamcut [S] laser head with the previous model of the device:
- Before you begin with mounting: Please make sure to install the latest software update!
- Next, please switch off your Mr Beam entirely, unmount the old laser head (remove the ribbon cable from the black bracket, take off the compressor pipe and unscrew the knurled screw), and mount the new laser head.
- When you switch on your Mr Beam again, you should see a pop-up window notifying you about the successful connection of new dreamcut [S] laser head.
In some cases, a camera calibration may be required after inserting the new laser head. So please do a test laser job first before you start laser your designs again. So if you have a heavier offset than usual, you can find a tutorial for the camera calibration here.
5. What should I consider regarding the material settings and laser parameters?
- Because Mr Beam dreamcut [S] can cut and engrave more efficiently, the new material settings deviate from the previous model. However, the BeamOS software automatically detects the new laser head and adjusts recommended material settings accordingly. You will notice an [S]-symbol next to the word Material in the window title.
- You should be cautious when working with your custom material settings - those will probably be of no use for the dreamcut [S] laser head. The BeamOS software will show you a warning sign next to the incompatible settings.
- As soon as you safe your custom material settings with the dreamcut [S] laser head, you will see them marked with an [S] in the software, as well as ticked off✓, to signal compatibility.
Warning! You should be especially careful with easily inflammable materials - don't use material settings recommended for the previous model!
6. What should I consider if I want to mount back the Mr Beam II dreamcut laser head? (E.g. when your Mr Beam II dreamcut [S] laser head is currently undergoing maintenance.)
BeamOS Software will recognize the change of the laser head model automatically. However, you should be cautious when using your custom material settings. BeamOS software will help you to keep the settings apart, by indicating the incompatible settings with a warning sign next to the [S] and by ticking off✓ .
Here, a camera calibration is often necessary after the change, too. Click here for the camera calibration tutorial.