This article is intended for users who have received the SIG file for an Octoprint Stick. It reinstalls only the so called Octoprint program. The stick does not reset the user data nor does it collect analysis data of your Mr Beam.
The stick is required if the following symptoms occur after a recent update:
- The message "Mr Beam OS not running" is displayed on the screen.
- A compressor noise (humming) occurs in regular time periods.
- The Mr Beam Status Lights emit a static white light in the lower corners.
You can download the file "reinstall_octoprint" via this download-link.
How to use them: 3 easy steps
ATTENTION: Any running laser jobs will be cancelled.
1. In a USB stick: create a folder called mrbeam and copy the SIG file there.
Requirements for the USB stick:
- at least 100 MB free disk space
- USB 2.0 compatible
- FAT32 formatted
- Only one SIG file on the stick
- Please read this article for more details
2. Plug the USB stick into your Mr Beam II. After a few seconds you will see a white light pattern. The stick can also be used offline.
3. Once the Mr Beam II switches to bright green light, unplug the USB stick.
Estimated run time: < 30 seconds.
Done! Your Mr Beam II will restart now, after that you can start to use it again by connecting in one of the following ways:
- Via Ethernet cable.
- Via WiFi Access Point: connecting to the network MrBeam-XXXX (your Mr Beam II's name) with the password mrbeamsetup.
If the software doesn't load right away, you can reload the page with the key combination CTRL + SHIFT + r.
Do you need more help? Please check our Support Stick Troubleshooting Guide.